- Development Services
- Community Development Block Grant
Community Development Block Grant
Project Year 2022 to 2023
The City received $591,996 for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) 2022 to 2023 program year from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for administration of the CDBG program. HUD determines the amount of each grant by a formula that uses several objective measures of community needs, including the extent of poverty, population, housing overcrowding, age of housing, and population growth in relationship to other metropolitan areas.
HUD awards grants to communities to carry out a wide range of community development activities directed toward revitalizing neighborhoods, economic development, and providing improved community facilities and services. Communities are required to give maximum feasible priority to activities that benefit low-moderate income persons. Activities may also aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight, or in certain circumstances, meet other community development needs having a particular urgency. These three categories of activities are referred to as the "CDBG National Objectives".
The City provides a portion of its CDBG funds on a competitive basis to eligible outside agencies for specific activities that meet one or more of the above CDBG National Objectives and that will further the City's CDBG goals and objectives, as stated in the 2020 to 2025 Consolidated Plan.
The application process for the next funding year begins each December.
Program Year 23-24 Information
For more information regarding the City of Chino's CDBG program, please contact the CDBG Administrator, Pat Cacioppo, at 909-334-3355.
Five Year Consolidated Plan 2020 to 2025
The City of Chino receives approximately $590,000 annually in Community Development Block Grants for housing and community development projects.
- Annually updated CDBG Action Plan documents can be found in the Action Plans Archive
- View the CDBG Performance Reports Archive
- Substantial Amendment 1 - CARES Act CDBG-CV1 - Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment 1 - CARES Act CDBG-CV1 - Exhibit 1 (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment 1 - CARES Act CDBG-CV1 - Notice of Public Hearing (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment 1 - CARES Act CDBG-CV1 - Resolution (Draft) (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment 2 - CARES Act CDBG-CV3 - Exhibit 1 (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment 2 - CARES Act CDBG-CV3 - Notice of Public Hearing (PDF)