The Operations Division encompasses the Patrol Bureau, Traffic Unit, Communications, Real-Time Crime Center, and Canine Unit. Their primary focus is to provide the day-to-day 24/7 police services to the community. They are the Department's most visible presence and initial point of contact for the citizens:
- The primary function of the Patrol Bureau is to provide a highly visible police presence to deter criminals. Patrol Bureau members employ timely, courteous, and professional service to the community with a focus on the Chief's Strategic Vision of fighting crime.
- K-9 Officers and Police Service Officers also provide a vital support function to the Patrol Bureau.
- The Communications Center is staffed 24 hours per day and handles both emergency and non-emergency calls. They play a pivotal role in the Department's efforts to meet increasing demands for police services. They answer an average of over 9,600 calls per month while ensuring that resources were dispatched rapidly and efficiently.
- The Traffic Unit is responsible for traffic safety throughout the city and the investigation of significant or fatal traffic collisions. This is accomplished through public education, enforcement, and engineering.
- The Quality of Life Team is available to help identify issues in the community, craft solutions with residents and business owners, while also proactively working with homeless individuals to offer them supportive services and a way off the streets.