- City Council
The next General Municipal Election is scheduled for November 5, 2024 for the following offices:
- Mayor - Full term of four years
- Member of the City Council, District 1 - Full term of four years
- Member of the City Council, District 4 - Full term of four years
For more information visit San Bernardino County Elections at sbcountyelections.com.
City of Chino General Municipal Elections are conducted in November of even-numbered years and are consolidated with the County of San Bernardino. Other municipal elections, or special elections, may be called from time to time by the City Council. The next municipal election is November 5, 2024.
The office of Mayor is elected by the voters citywide (at-large) and the next election date for this office is November 2024. The election dates for the office of Council Member:
- District 1 - November 2024
- District 2 - November 2026
- District 3 - November 2026
- District 4 - November 2024
Mayor and Council Members are non-partisan positions, each serve a four-year term, and are sworn in on the first Tuesday in December of even-numbered years, if the certified election results are available. There are no term limits. Terms are staggered so that three seats are available during one election cycle and two seats are available during the next cycle.
Any member of the public who meets the following requirements may run for public office in the City of Chino:
- A candidate for the office of Mayor shall be at least 18 years of age, a resident and a registered voter within the City of Chino city limits at the time the nomination papers are issued.
- Candidates for the office of Council Member shall be at least 18 years of age, a resident and a registered voter in the district they seek to represent at the time the nomination papers are issued.
City of Chino Municipal Code Chapter 16.05 requires individuals to file a Political Sign Registration form with the Development Services Department before displaying political signs. Forms are available at City Hall, Planning Division or by calling 909-334-3253. Political signs may only be displayed commencing 45 days prior to a scheduled election and must be removed 5 days following the election.
Table 16.05-1 - Sign Regulation Matrix
|Classification||Type, Number &|
|Political Signs||May not exceed 16 square feet in area.||No requirement.|