City of Chino Utilities
The City of Chino's Utility Billing Services Division collects funds to support the operations of the City's water, sewer, and storm drain systems, along with collecting funds for:
- Contracted sewage treatment
- Refuse collection
- Street sweeping services
- Business licenses
Online Bill Pay is available for utility account holders. All other utility services are available at City Hall Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Utility customer service is also available via phone at 909-334-3264 during regular work hours.
After Hours Emergency
If you have a utility emergency after regular work hours with your water or sewer service, call the Chino Police Dispatch Center at 909-628-1234 to have City personnel respond.
Discontinued Water Service Statistics
As of February 1, 2022, through February 1, 2023, The City of Chino discontinued water service to 593 customers for nonpayment.
Southern California Edison (SCE) provides electric utility services to the City of Chino. SCE offers 24-hour customer service to provide convenient support for their customers. They provide electricity to homes and businesses and offer helpful resources on energy efficiency, rotating outages, emergency preparedness, electrical safety tips, and tree planting guidelines to ensure that their electrical utility lines remain unobstructed.
Southern California Gas Company (The Gas Company), is the natural gas provider for residents and businesses in the City of Chino. They offer additional services such as appliance hook-ups and safety checks, an energy efficiency and rebate program, direct assistance for customers with limited income, and resources on emergency preparedness and air quality.
If you're having difficulty paying your natural gas bill, the Gas Assistance Fund (GAF) may be able to provide you or someone you know, with a one-time grant. Learn more by visiting The Gas Company's Gas website.
- Discontinuation of Water Service Policy - Chinese (PDF)
- Discontinuation of Water Service Policy - Korean (PDF)
- Discontinuation of Water Service Policy - Spanish (PDF)
- Discontinuation of Water Service Policy - Tagalog (PDF)
- Discontinuation of Water Service Policy - Vietnamese (PDF)
- Discontinuation of Water Service Policy (PDF)
- How can I pay my utility bill?
- Online Payments are accepted by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover), or by an electronic check. You can make a one-time payment, or automatic monthly recurring payments.
- Mail a personal or company check to City Hall using the return envelope provided with your utility bill.
- Cash and credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover) payments may be made in person at City Hall during normal business hours.
- Credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover) payments are accepted over the telephone.
- Drop your payment off at the convenient drive-up payment box located in the west parking lot behind City Hall; entry to the parking lot is available from Chino Avenue or Sixth Street.
- Use the drop slot payment box located on the building wall next to the east entrance to City Hall, or the drop payment box located in the lobby of City Hall.
- How can I request water or trash services?
Requests for water and trash service can be processed by phone or at the public service counter at City Hall. Requests for service will be scheduled for the following workday, unless otherwise specified. You may use a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover) for the start-up fee and advance payment. If you have not paid the start-up fees, services cannot be established and water disconnection may occur.
- Will I need to pay an advance payment?
An advance payment is required, unless a letter of credit from your most recent water supplier can be provided. The letter must indicate you had a good payment record for at least the last two years. If an advance payment is necessary, it is applied as a credit toward your balance after two years of on-time payments.